EST occupies a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Carlsbad, California. EST has taken great precautions in the prevention of ESD problems by installing an ESD epoxy 3 coat system. Furthermore, the ESD immune environment includes grounded equipment and work surfaces, an appropriate ESD dress code and training for all employees and ESD apparel for visitors.
The facility maintains a strict security system that monitors all entrances and exits. The stockroom and the production floor are also maintained under a tight security system. The remote monitoring system collects data and video information, and dispatches proper authorities for fire safety and perimeter violations.
An extremely competent technical staff with decades of cumulative experience supports the designs and processes and advises customers on manufacturability and testability. EST has a highly skilled and stable workforce of seventy employees. Personnel are trained in ISO awareness, IPC-A-610 and J-Std-001 workmanship standards and ESD prevention. All employees have an established training file that is monitored to assure compliances and updates with respect to Product and Process education.
The facility is equipped with state-of-the-art assembly equipment and capabilities:
- 8 Assembleon GEM pick and place machines to populate components from 0201 to the finest pitch BGAs.
- Processes to Support Lead-Free and Lead-Based products
- AOI and Automatic Solder Inspection
- X-ray equipment.
- BGA rework system.
- EPROM/ Flash programming
- Environmental Stress Screening (ESS)
- In-circuit, flying probe, functional and J-Tag testing capabilities.
- Conformal Coating
- Board level and Subsystem level Assemblies
- Higher Level Assemblies and System Integration
- ERP system for Business and Materials Management
- InterEST intranet to manage Quality and Business processes